These English Muffin Pizzas are perfect for a kid’s lunch. They are almost the same as regular pizza, but easier!
These English Muffin Pizzas are so easy to make at home because they use an English muffin for the pizza crust. They are quick to make, so they are one of our favorite easy, fast kids lunch ideas.
English Muffin Pizzas are fun for kids to make because kids can put their own toppings on their pizza. I think they taste better than regular pizza, because you get to decide how much of each topping you want on your mini pizzas.
Besides tomato sauce and cheese, there are so many topping ideas for English muffin pizzas. See my list of pizza topping ideas below and have fun creating your best English muffin pizzas!
How to Make English Muffin Pizzas
You should preheat the oven to 375 degrees F before you do anything else, so the oven can get to the right temperature as you are preparing the English Muffin Pizzas.
To start making your mini pizzas, cut each English muffin in half. Put the English muffin halves on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or foil.
Next, you’ll need some pizza sauce! You can buy pizza sauce or make your own. For a quick and easy pizza sauce, I mix together tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. You could also use marinara sauce. Spread some sauce on each pizza.
Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the tomato sauce. Finally, put your favorite toppings on. I used pepperoni. Bake the pizzas for 6 minutes, until the cheese melts.
You can make English muffin pizzas ahead of time. They are an easy recipe for school lunches. You can refrigerate the baked English muffin pizzas for up to three days.
English Muffin Pizza Topping Ideas
- Cheese: Try different kinds of cheese, such as mozzarella, Monterey jack, cheddar, or even feta or goat cheese.
- Meat: Pepperoni is a classic pizza topping. Also try salami, cooked sausage, ham or chicken.
- Vegetables: Fresh veggies are a healthy pizza topping. Try mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, zucchini, spinach or broccoli.
- Fruits: It might surprise you, but fresh pear or apple slices are delicious on pizza!
- Olives: Use black olives or try kalamata olives for a different flavor.
- Herbs: If you want to add to fresh herbs, add them after you bake your pizza.
Tips for this English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- You can use whole wheat or white English muffins for these English muffin mini pizzas. Whole wheat English muffins are more nutritious because they are made with whole grains.
- When you are making this recipe, if you are using tomato sauce, you can put some seasoning in the sauce. Try dried Italian seasoning or dried basil. It will probably taste more like pizza sauce to you that way.
- Be careful, since the pizzas will be very hot when they first come out of the oven.
English Muffin Pizzas
- 4 English muffins I used whole wheat
- 1 cup pizza sauce or tomato sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- your favorite toppings, such as pepperoni, olives, bell peppers, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Cut the English muffins is half.
- Spread some pizza sauce or tomato sauce on each English muffins half. Then sprinkle on mozzarella cheese.
- Put on your favorite toppings, such as pepperoni, olives, bell peppers, etc.
- Bake for about 6 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- You can refrigerate the baked pizzas for up to three days.
- To make a quick pizza sauce, mix together plain tomato sauce and dried Italian seasoning.